University of Massachusetts Boston
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer Science2013 - 2014, 2015 - 2017
Between 2014 and 2015 I received my Initial Entry Training for the Army. My education was put on hold for a year in order to complete it.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biomedical Engineering2011 - 2013
While attending Drexel I realized that I was passionate about computers and made the switch to Computer Science and back to my hometown of Boston to pursue that degree instead.
Boston Latin School
High School Diploma2006 - 2011
Boston Latin School goes from 7th through 12th grade.
Junior Fullstack Engineer
Elsen, Inc.September 2015 - Present
Elsen develops future-forward FinTech allowing anyone to harness, understand and make quick decisions using vast quantities of data without a team of mathematicians or programmers.What I've done here:
- Use Haskell to develop a backend platform for Factor Analysis Models
- Develop API Integration tests using Node.js and Haskell
- Work on automation of code deployment to ensure consistent delivery
- Use Angular to develop new features for the web app powered by the backend
Signal Support Systems Specialist
Massachusetts National GuardJune 2014 - Present
- Ensure equipment is not defective and operating properly
- Assist command with fixing problems arising from equipment use
- Distribute and catalog equipment for field exercises
- Help set up communications for operations including the Boston Marathon and 4th of July
An Introduction to Rust
An ongoing series for newcomers to the Rust Language through a project where they build a Scheme Interpreter. It's goal is to make the language accessible by explaining harder concepts in terms that anyone can understand and through hands on experience. Exercises and answers are provided to guide the user along and to let them try out features as they're introduced.
Notable Personal Projects
A library for easy Rust and Haskell FFI
The goal of this library is to make using Rust in Haskell and Haskell in Rust effortless. It came about after much personal frustration over trying to get it to work and the lack of any documentation.
A Unix Platform Agnostic Installation Tool
Often I found that many code bases provide instructions for needed tools for specific platforms, usually Ubuntu, MacOS, and Windows, but neglect other distributions. The goal of Alchemist is to make that problem go away. With a database of package names it translates them into the ones for your platform and installs them with your system package manager.